APPLY TO HOST AN AIF CLINTON FELLOW FOR SERVICE IN INDIA
We are happy to announce that the application to host an AIF Clinton Fellow for the 2017-18 has officially opened. The AIF Clinton Fellowship is proud to partner with development organizations across India in the fields of livelihoods, public health, and education.
The application will be open until Friday, March 17th, 2017.
The AIF Clinton Fellowship is an immersive, 10-month service program matching skilled young professionals from the US and India with development organizations across India based on their interests and skills. For organizations who are granted a Fellow, they will be deployed in September 2017, and will complete their 10 months of service in June 2018.
All host organizations that apply go through a selection process including an application, and an evaluation visit or interview. Only strong applications that demonstrate a robust project with clear deliverables and goals, as well as a sound sustainability plan will have the opportunity to interview prospective Fellows.
Certain eligibility criteria that AIF look for are:
- Organizations must demonstrate that they are at a crucial moment of scalability, and are currently looking to either expand or deepen their impact and reach in the intended community.
- The proposed project must align with the mission and values of the organization, as well as the mission and values of the American India Foundation. The project must either be in livelihoods, education or public health or demonstrate a strong intersection with these sectors.
- Organizations must be implementation organizations working directly with communities and beneficiaries.
- In the 2016-17 Fellowship year, half of the placements are in rural areas. We are looking to expand our rural outreach in the coming year, and welcome applications from all regions of the country.
- A member of the leadership of the organization who is willing to be a mentor to the Fellow. This individual must have demonstrated experience in the development field.
- The organization should demonstrate that there are the required resources necessary to sustain and replicate the project post the completion of the Fellowship.
The American India Foundation is a nonprofit organization that is dedicated to catalyzing social and economic change in India and building a lasting bridge between the United States and India. Founded in 2001, it is one of the largest secular, non-partisan U.S. organizations supporting development work in India. AIF has partnered with 248 of India’s NGOs to build a trusted network for implementation, scale, and sustainability while raising over $109 million since its inception. We have offices in New York, California, and New Delhi. Learn more.
Social Media Handles (for Retweeting/Reposting/Tagging):